...to Ebay that is. I don't know why I even go on there anymore. Every time I do, I end up finding a ton of things that I want. Living on a budget sucks. But luckily I'm getting used to it and I'm learning to distinguish between my "wants" and my actual needs.
Claire from my mommy group is helping to enlighten me. She's given me some fantastic "green" ideas and has sparked a change in the Halstead household, which Trevor is more than happy to implement since all of them save money as well.
I lowered the thermostat by 2 degrees a couple of months ago and we saved about $100 on our last heating bill! It took a little get used to at first. We had to bundle up with sweatshirts and heavy socks. But now we are used to it and I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt right now. One of the things that Claire said that really made sense was, "warm the people not the house."
We also started using cloth diapers recently. It's not as nearly as hard(or gross) as I thought it would be.
Anyway, back to Ebay...I got a jean dress for Emily for $3.25 and I'm bidding on two bikinis for her with my max bid set at $5. Hopefully I'll stick to that bid:) I figured if I can stick to a maximum bid of $5 for clothing, then I'll be safe. I only need things for Emily. Natalie has plenty of stuff from Emily's old wardrobe. I need to start hitting the thrift stores.
Its been a while...
15 years ago


I was bad with Criagslist, especially last summer with all the yard toys, I'd be on there 24/7 checking for cheap good toys! Allison is the same way, I have SO much stuff for her from Katherine, I just look for Katherine now...
ReplyDeleteI need to seriously buckle down the spending in our house...we've actually cut out our Directv..we did it as a trial (over the holidays where we'd be gone or busy most of the time), and I think we're going to hang in there for a couple of more months..it saves us so much..and gives us more time as a family. We may need to get it back in February for Super Bowl though..not sure DH can go without watching that... ;O)
ReplyDeleteGirl, I'm SO proud of you! That's great that you're getting "greener." I have a hard time lowering the thermostat... I cannot TAKE the cold! Ugh! Handwashing dishes is my trade-off ;) That, and hanging laundry when it's nice outside... Save some of your budget for Friday night...
ReplyDeleteYea for you! Doesn't it make you feel so virtuous?!:) I still haven't been able to track down those bumgenius diapers...
ReplyDeleteCan I link to your blog on mine?